Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) is a federal-state program that helps people who have physical or mental disabilities get or keep a job. VR is committed to helping people with disabilities find meaningful careers.
Examples of VR Services:
- Medical and Psychological Assessment
- Vocational Evaluation and Planning
- Career Counseling and Guidance
- Training and Education After High School
- Job-Site Assessment and Accommodations
- Job Placement
- Job Coaching
- On-the-Job Training
- Supported Employment
- Assistive Technology and Devices
- Time-Limited Medical and/or Psychological Treatment
Vocational Rehabilitation Program Overview Video
This two minute video gives a quick overview of the VR program. It is available with English, Spanish, or Creole subtitles. If you would like more information about services offered by VR and how to apply, please watch the Orientation Video found on the Customer web page. (To show captions, see instructions below)
To show captions in English, Spanish, or Creole: play the video, then click on "CC" in the lower right corner to turn on the captioning. Choose the language from the drop down menu. If you would like to adjust the size of the captions, click on "options" in "CC" and click the "+" plus button.
Vocational Rehabilitation has offices throughout the state. Find the one nearest to you!